On Proper Behavior While At The Theater

By Tardsie

Ever been banned for life from a movie theater? Join the club.

This entry was posted in Cinema, Entertainment, Stupidity, True-Ass Tales and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to On Proper Behavior While At The Theater

1. I’ve never been banned from a theater, but a theater where I used to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show stopped its midnight showings of that film after a while because many of us got a little too carried away with our, shall I say, enthusiastic antics. Partial public nudity, buckets of water, deli sandwiches being used as missiles and acres of toilet paper were not generally on the approved list for these showings, as liberal as the management tried to be towards the audience participants. The last time I was there, they stopped the film just as Meatloaf was being carved up. I haven’t seen it since.

Geez, you guys sound like more fun than the crowd at the T-Town theater. I’m sure if we’d been at the same theater, you would have been banned for kicking my ass. Actually, the more I think about it–they probably would have let you slide on that.

2. You ok, man? You look a little washed out. I love that they were okay with you throwing ice, but just so hard. And yeah, you’re still around and they’re not. WHERE’S THEIR DIGNITY NOW??

That’s pretty much how I look, M.W.–I’m a pasty mofo. I wear brightly-colored or black clothing for that very reason.
      And yes, my sole goal in life is to outlast all of my tormentors!

Most original blog post I’ve encountered in a while. Very cool. But that being said, I must tell you, that ice you threw at the back of my head hurt almost as much as the hockey puck. Dammit, Janet.

Thanks, Carrie! I had a lot of fun creating this.
      If that was me who pegged you, I guess I was lucky not to end up on the receiving end of a Mr. Rubin beat-down.
      I have, of course, received a couple beat-downs in my life, but not nearly so many as I deserved. Hopefully Karma isn’t waiting for me in a dark alley somewhere, because I’ve spent years trying to be a nice person.

Smakington the cartoon! Loved it! (never been banned from any place that I can think of…kicked out…yes, banned no…).

Thanks, Chicago Blanca! I can’t imagine anyone wanting to ban you (although I can see you raising hell and getting kicked out of a place)–I’m sure you’re the life of the party!

5. Brigitte says:

You are drunken lout? Pshaw. But it sounds as if you recouped from this and are doing well, despite the fact that you’re a cartoon. Very creative. This gave me a laugh and I could sure use it. Thanks.

6. Brigitte says:

Take the “are” out of the first sentence and replace with “a” please. Jeez.

7. Sandee says:

Hehehe! ‘Fuck ‘em!’

My girl did the Rocky Horror thing for years, and loved it!
    Glad to see you’ve finally come clean about your iniquitous past.

And as someone who’s been naked all sorts of places, dignity is overrated.

9. Been banned from a video store. :D

10. The Hook says:

Nice job!
    Being banned from anything is a badge of honor!

I once got pelted with ice from a bunch of kids who then got kicked…. Heyyyy! It was you!

It’s heartening to know that morals are still being drawn.

13. I nearly got banned from a cinema for trying to sneak a hot takaway meal into the film. The ticket seller noticed the steam rising from my coat pocket, and demanded that I left. Fish and chips if you’re curious.

14. Alex Autin says:

Very nice work! I mean the video, not the being banned part…but that’s kinda cool too. ;)

15. Let’s do the time warp again! Hilarious tale of you getting passive-aggressive or is it aggressive passive revenge — unless you’re reluctant to set foot into whatever replaced that theater including if it’s now a parking lot.

16. Jerry got banned from the Speedway station for getting lippy with the young punk clerk over the clerk’s failure to give him his bonus points. I do think threatening to call the cops over 1000 Speedy Points was a bit over the line. Ironically, he was actually SOBER when this happened.

I prefer the more passive-aggressive forms of revenge, especially if they can’t be traced directly back to me.

Cool video!

17. Smaktakula says:

Reblogged this on Promethean Times and commented:

As I’m working a grueling, 25-hour work-week (where I’m required to wear shoes), I thought I’d repost this tale of a time when I wasn’t such a responsible guy.