Smaktakula:

Lost another friend yesterday. Thought it was time for a reblog. Remember, don’t be stingy with your love and affection. Life is short.

Originally posted on Promethean Times:

By Tardsie

A friend of mine died tragically this weekend. He was far too young. Has there ever been an instance of someone who died too old?

For what is it all but being hatched,

And running about the yard,

To the day of the block?

Save that a man has an angel’s brain,

And sees the ax from the first!

Edgar Lee Masters

Spoon River Anthology

The Pursuit of Happiness

You can’t chase down happiness like a hunted animal. While you might pursue–and catch–a great many other things, you’ll have to find happiness within yourself. Love yourself and let others love you. Ain’t no other way, folks.

Do It Right

If you could be anyone in the world at any time, who would it be? By ‘be,’ we don’t mean that you’d simply have the person’s appearance, property or talents, but that you would actually be…

View original 135 more words

This entry was posted in Culture. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the reminder to remember what’s important, because you’re right; life is too short.

Sincerest condolences, Smak. Hope you and his other friends and family can get together, trade stories and give a toast to another who is unavoidably detained.

3. Brigitte says:

I don’t think I was following you when you wrote this earlier post but I loved it. I so believe every word of it and I am so sorry about your loss, Smak. Be well and take care of yourself.

4. Sandee says:

My condolences to you. These posts are a fine tribute to the people you knew. Thanks for the reminder about life being short and how we should express love to the people in our lives.

Why does it take a loss for us to appreciate what we have? Living in the moment, appreciating what is in front of you, who you are with, those are qualities I actually sincerely envy in my pets.

6. Alex Autin says:

The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.
    -Harriet Beecher Stowe

And may I add, Smak, that there is nothing we do which is more important than to assure that those we leave behind have very little reason to shed such tears.