Christmas vs. The Family

Some songs enrich our lives; others shatter them.

Because Some Things Just Aren’t Funny.

This entry was posted in Culture, Religion, Stupidity and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Christmas vs. The Family

The first frozen frame before I clicked play shows a very scowling Smak that really sets the tone for this piece.
    Though I’m surprised earlier this year you didn’t feel any moral outrage to the Arbor Day classic “Don’t Let Rover Pee on the Pinetree”, which is awash in socio-fascist imagery.

Merry christmas and happy new year to you and all of yours.

So, if I’m interpreting this correctly, you’re actually Santa Claus’s son, still tormented all these years later by your mother’s extracurricular yuletide activities. There, there…

3. renxkyoko says:

There’s one 100 x more horrible than that…. I think the title is Grandma got killed by a reindeer. or something. i think it was voted the worst Christmas song of all time. I’m not sure, John Denver composed and sang that.

• tomsimard says:

John also sings one entitled Please, Daddy (Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas).

Just last year when I was only seven
      Now I’m almost eight, as you can see
      You came home a quarter past eleven
      And fell down underneath
      our Christmas tree

Tom, I didn’t know about this, and I wanted you to be mistaken. Oh, John. Well, this is offset by his courageous stand (along with Dee Snyder and Frank Zappa) against Tipper Gore & Susan Baker’s pro-censorship PMRC campaign.

You can’t blame John Denver for that song (I checked), but it is an AWFUL song. And if I’m being honest, I think “I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” is kind of sweet.

• There is a worse one. It’s called the “Christmas F*** You Song” by Rude Santa. Readily available for purchase on MP3 through Amazon.

I think you ought to get on your high horse more often. A New Year’s resolution?

I’m so glad someone finally took a stand against this song that is slowly destroying the fabric of America.

Hey, now you KNOW Santa wasn’t coming down the chimney for just some lousy cookies n milk, don’t cha?
    Merry Christmas, Smakington!!!

What does it say about me that I don’t really care for any of the “modern” Christmas tunes while I enjoy the Renaissance through 19th-century classics, even though I don’t subscribe to any organized religion?

8. I rather prefer the innocence of Bob and Doug McKenzie’s “12 Days of Christmas.” Where else can you find a beer in a tree, a chain saw and a reference to golden toques (stocking hats) in the same song? I’d even settle for Bob Rivers’ winter holiday classics, such as “Walking ‘Round In Women’s Underwear,” or “I’ll Be Stoned for Christmas.” Being that my spouse turns every holiday into a melodramatic nightmare, being stoned for Christmas doesn’t sound so much like a bad idea.